Septic Tank Soakaway Problems London
The most common septic tank soakaway problems with either brick or fibreglass, is due to the blocked soakaway drain and not the septic tank itself. 99% of problems is due to the soakaway drain being blocked – eventually a blocked soakaway will occur with the majority of drainage soakaways due to them being silt up with sludge, grease and fat.
How quickly a septic tank soakaway fails depends on several factors, which include how well the septic tank has been maintained, the nature of the soil, the height of the winter water table, heavy rain periods and the deterioration of the septic tank itself.
Signs of a Blocked Soakaway Septic Tank:
- Septic tank effluent surfacing on your land
- Bad odours coming from the septic tank or soakaway drainage system
- Toilet overflowing and gurgling in the drains
- Overflows at washing machines and into shower or bath when the sink is discharged etc.
Reasons of a Septic Tank and Garden Soakaway Failure:
- Poor septic tank care and maintenance
- Depth of the septic tank soakaway
- Nature of the soil and its effect on the soakaway performance
- Winter water table and its effect on the septic tank soakaway
- Deterioration of the septic tank
- Sodium binding in the soil
- More people using the septic tank system
- Heavy rain and its effect on the septic tank system